Saturday, October 06, 2007

From the previous post...

"Why did I do this?" is a question I do ask myself sometimes... I mean I wasn't that cool about ACTUALLY coming down to a far away land... I was also not sure if I was doing the right thing... Yeah I knew that I need to go to a great school atleast once in life, and after 2 1/2 years of work ex I wasn't really sure about going to the IIMs ( not to mention that it is very very difficult to get into one and I simply didn't have that much time to prepare for them... again :P).

I did it coz I wanted to do it all by myself. I have always had this picture of me standing without any help facing all the brunt that is possible.. well not really, but in some ways I wanted to give myself a test and see for myself if I could do it all by myself... All the paraphernalia around me should be my creation.... no legacy to boast of. In fact what added to the kicks was a fleeting risk factor behind joining this course... people who cared about me weren't quite sure about this course... which kinda made me go for this even more... In cliched terms, I wanted to create my own tests, make them risky, and then take them... and maybe pass them too :P


At UIUC's Alma Mater Statue
(With arms wide open... Bring it on!)

This might sound a lil hedonistic but I guess thats how I am! I am usually not on an 'EgoTrip' trying to think highly of me, but yeah i have my own highs... I had one such thing in the past... I bunked a semester of Engineering mostly for kicks, having a good reason helped me then. This time was no different. The stakes were high again , it was about the next step in my career, the rewards were high and so was the cost of giving up a decently forming career to take a 'lift'.

Maybe I mess it up, but most probably I think I should be able to pull it off...

In Aerosmith words I always want to be 'Living on the edge'...

2 comments:

load ur mind said...

The first thingy which came to my mind was how u missed the whole semester including labs and came up triumph passing 14 in one go... oh god u r one whole world of mess, but know how to clean it up too... thats the ++ about u.. me proud of u.. and I am pretty sure u will repeat it again and again and again.... thats ankit for all of u...

anksphenomenon said...

umm that was 15 exams not 14 ;)