Friday, July 11, 2008

A perfect smile

It has been a while since the last time I had that. An honest, from deep within my heart smile.

After watching this video, I got transported to that time when I used to stand at the same place as the guy who made this video. And as that moment came alive within me, I had a perfect smile :)



I don't know how many times have you done that, but almost every time I traveled in trains, I used to stand at the door, and used to let the gush of air breathe me in, as I breathed that in to me. There was a sense of freedom, a feeling of being one with God's creation... Almost like a real time movie with you in the balcony seat.
And when I traveled 24 hours in trains, I could actually see the day pass through and night settle in. I am sure in our daily lives not many times do we pay attention to this. It was simply awe inspiring the way a totally different aspect of life presented itself. As my cousin says, simple pleasures of life...

And now as I saw in the US, the train doors are closed. What they end up closing is the whole set of experiences I mentioned above. I guess whats missing here are those small openings in our otherwise packaged lives through which, every now and then we could be transformed into a totally different world. One where you could actually observe a day melt into night. Where you could watch a movie where the landscape changed its countenance every now and then. One where when it rained, you could just stretch ur neck out and feel the drops on ur face.

One where you were .... you...

1 comment:

snellika said...

It reminds me of my childhood days when I used to travel from calcutta to bangalore for 3 days,2 nights. Those chai walas at the stations, the comic books which I used to buy to spend time reading, those junk food.... :) speaking about windows, I remember we used to enjoy the gush of wind blowing through the windows and we peeping out with our necks stretched to watch the engine at the front. Those drops of water sprinkling in when it used to rain, all these are worth its while. cant stop listing good old memories. :)