Thursday, July 22, 2010

An idea a day keeps the doctor away

I think I am obsessed with the idea of creating new ideas. Since my undergrad days, when a mere look at a stepper motor interface made me think of the numerous possibilities there were to make something cool with it, I have been fantasizing about the next cool thing I could make with the basic building blocks I have at hand.

Only with time, my building blocks evolved and became a mix of technology pieces, business concepts and social issues. Thats a great concoction though! But with more information in my head, I guess my idle time goes into thinking about new things to make, new companies to start and a new world to live in...

Most of the times I get out of my day dreaming and move on with my life... but the idea sticks on as a 'Could have been the next revolution' Sometimes I have actually realized that someone made a killing out of it :)

here is a small list of a few of those ideas.. These are in no particular order DO NOT judge me on this!

  1. Automatic pet fish feeding system
  2. SaaS based Supply Chain Management system (Patented by IBM I think)
  3. An earth based car positioning, and guiding system which I proposed to Reva the electric car company. (they shot it down)
  4. An advertising system based on ring back tones on mobile phones ( too late on this one  )
  5. A virtual of Chai ki Dukaan (Road side tea shop) where people get together and gossip, discuss new ideas or understand the world, Office politics, course curriculum, or their love life.. This is still a very potent idea, if the Chai ki Dukaan ambience is successfully implemented.
  6. A local area customer - vendor handshake platform for services. So you can get a local plumber/carpenter/nanny without having to hunt for one.
  7. A concept similar to batchmates.com but much before batchmates.com came about
  8. Setting up a Sabji Mandi in US to promote healthy food
  9. Opening recharge stations for electric cars in India.
  10. Opening a p2p shop rating system, which is accessible through mobile phones.
  11. And a fresh one.. A doctor rating system!! 
Well the list is longer... but you get the gist.. and yes you are free to implement any of these.. it's open source now :)

No comments: